Like you, the Burke Group of Companies team have been closely following the dynamic situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada and across the world. The health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers, remain our highest priority. For several weeks, we have been actively implementing procedures to minimize personal, operational, and business impact of this volatile situation, and on you, our valued customers.
Health and Safety
We have taken precautions across our facilities to ensure the health and safety of staff, suppliers, and customers. To date, these include:
- Encouraging those who are sick to avoid coming into our facilities
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment, as well as stepping up cleansing and sanitizing procedures further at all locations
- Implementing additional hand sanitizing stations
- Suspending all non- essential business travel, including not only out-of-town, but local visits as well
- Many of Burke Group’s staff already work from home, and we are also encouraging additional staff to do so
- Limiting internal staff meetings
- Staff returning from out of province vacations have been self isolating for a minimum of 2 weeks
Burke Group has always had intelligent business contingency planning in place for many different scenarios. This includes minimizing the requirement for external services, as we manufacture virtually all products in one of our three facilities across Alberta. We continue to monitor the situation and foresee no operational interruptions.
As we navigate this time of unprecedented uncertainty together, I want to assure you that our team is 100% committed to achieving the dual goals of maintaining the health and safety of everyone, while maintaining exemplary service to our customers.
Please contact your Burke Group Sales or customer service representatives with any questions or concerns you may have.